Tips To Control The Presence on Google SERPs

SEO Agency MN

Securing the top spots on search engine results pages (SERPs) is crucial for the business. As per the Advanced Web Rankings, 67% of all clicks on SERPs go to the top five listings, And almost 95% of web traffic comes from the first results page, leaving only 5% for the rest of the pages coming in the google results.

Let’s explore how Google’s new update on meta tags can affect the rankings of your page and how to stay on top of SERPs:

The Google Update That Rocks The SEO Marketers
On August 2021, Google released an update that completely altered its algorithm for generating its website titles and descriptions of web pages on SERPs. In the past, website owners had complete control over what appeared on Google page titles by adding meta tags in the HTML of their pages. However, this update gives Google the choice to ignore the title HTML tags, if they do not accurately reflect the content of its page. Instead, Google will analyze the headers and content within the page and create a revised title for the search results.

Introduction Of Title Link
Another notable change that Google’s title update brought was introducing the term title link. Google Search SEO guide defines this title links as the title of a search result on Google Search that will be linked to the web page.

A Title Tag
It is an HTML element that allows you to give a web page its title. Title tags help in generating the title links, or what the users see in the search results. Title links provide users the quick insight into the content of the search result. People use these links as the primary source of information and decide if they should click through or needs to keep scrolling. Due to this reason, assigning proper title tags is critical for increasing CTRs.

Take control of Google SERPs presence by following the best practices while writing website title tags, these are:

Every page requires its unique title:
All of the website pages should have unique title HTML tags to assist the search engine in determining which webpage is relevant to your search query. Avoid using repeated texts in the Google page titles because this makes it impossible for search engines to distinguish the web pages from each other.

Be descriptive and concise:
Website title tags should range between 50 and 60 characters. Verbose text in the title elements will get truncated when it shows up as title links. For this reason, use only clear descriptions when writing an SEO title tag.

Brand your titles:
Insert the brand name in HTML title tags whenever appropriate. It is a great place to start on your site’s homepage to include additional information about your offerings.

Avoid keyword stuffing:
Google title tags can significantly improve SEO when you add the right keywords to them. But keep in mind not to overdo it. Google recognizes keyword stuffing instantly and may alter the title links of the web page if it determines that you are just adding different variations of a keyword into tags.

Unsure about how to implement new title tag SEO optimization strategies? Call us today and book an appointment.



Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *